Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Acknowledging My Weaknesses...

Okay- I committed to this blog at least once a week and I’ve blown it already. I’m human. Did you hear that, folks? Human. One of the things that I’m trying to focus on in my own life is balance. I’m often out of whack on time versus commitments.

I regularly promise the people I love and cherish that I’ll pitch in and help out or pledge to them that we’ll “definitely get together soon and catch up soon.” Problem is- I feel pretty “used up” by Thursday because I’ve got a lot to handle in my immediate realm of being Mom/House Manager. No-make that “Quality of Life Director.” Hmmm. I like that. I will continue to refer to myself as such.

Anyway- while the “helping hand” side of my being is pretty dependable, the part of me that promises to reconnect with friends and family is utterly reckless. I think it’s because I see it as something for my own benefit (and therefore less important) so it is only “penciled in.” This blog is just another example of something that I enjoy, but seems as if it’s a selfish pastime and it must be cut to fit in all the other obligations.

I’m working on it, though; I do honestly try to say “no” to projects and commitments that cannot be fit into my schedule in a realistic fashion. I want to continue pursuing my own interests (like blogging) because it’s good for my soul. I want to know the feeling of having the daily commitments work in concert with higher aspirations and in sync with meaningful relationships. Seriously. It could happen.

As for now, I am still best categorized as a “Yes Man,” er, Woman. I’ll get there, though. One day and one less promise at a time…

No comments: