Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Small Victories

My daughter went to preschool today. Ever the mature and poised child, she confidently stuck her hand out to shake her new teacher’s hand and introduced herself. I believe her teacher almost fell off her chair. It was a proud moment for her mother- a quiet achievement to see her exceptional manners in action.

It occurs to me that this was not only her day, but “our” day. I mean, we MADE it. We got past diapers and teething and late-night feedings. She is relatively self-sufficient and prepared to reach out and begin her path without my constant (and vigilant) supervision…at least two days a week for three hours per day. She is beautiful, smart, and fun and creative as any child could be. I helped with that, as did my very dear husband (who will continue to get the acknowledgment he deserves throughout this blog).

So- after it was over and we waved goodbye to her teachers, we walked through town and went for ice cream -to celebrate our accomplishment.

1 comment:

The Armen Family said...

Wow...she's a "big girl" now. We should totally get together sometime and introdue the kids to one another. :)

Have a great week!